Effective Date: May 25, 2022
3. Types of Information We Collect
Company collects personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information through your interactions with Company and the Websites.
The personally identifiable information that Company may collect about you may include, without limitation, your first and last name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, password, gender, credit or debit card number, or other payment method, billing and shipping information, order history and preferences, and geolocation. If you participate in any surveys provided through the Websites, we also may collect your demographic information such as your preferences and interests, income, education level, occupation, marital status, homeowner status, and other such relevant information. If you create an online account with Company and designate an adult caregiver as an authorized user of your online account or if you have a legal guardian (each, a "Caregiver"), we also may collect information provided to us regarding the Caregiver, such as the Caregiver's first and last name, and email address.
The non-personally identifiable information that Company collects about you is aggregated or otherwise does not link to personal contact information, and may include, without limitation, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, the domain name of your internet service provider, Collection Technology information (as described below), the type of device you use, the operating system you use (e.g., Microsoft Windows, Mac OS or Google Chrome OS), the type and version of browser you use (e.g., Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer or Safari), your browsing history and your activities while visiting the Websites and the content you access or view when using same, the time of your visit, the pages you visit and the time spent, your general geographic location such as the city from which your device is connecting to the Internet, information regarding the Websites you visit prior to and after visiting the Website, and aggregated information regarding your precise or approximate geolocation, your age, gender and interests with respect to products and services.
4. How We Collect Information
Company and/or its Service Providers (defined below) may collect personally identifiable information that you voluntarily provide to Company through your interactions with the Websites, such as:
- Signing up for an email newsletter through the Websites;
- Registering/signing up for classes, seminars, meetings or other events;
- Filling out an online form on the Websites to request information;
- Contacting Company customer service or support, or providing feedback to Company;
- Creating an online account on any of the Websites;
- Participation in voluntary web surveys; and
- Placing an order or transacting business with Company or its Service Providers.
- server log files, which automatically record certain non-personally identifiable information on server logs;
- cookies, web beacons, pixels, gifs, tags and other technologies that collect information in similar ways ("Collection Technology"), which may store a piece of data on your browser or device, or may identify, compile, aggregate and/or collect information through other means;
- other information that you voluntarily provide, if the portion of such information that personally identifies you or any other user is removed and/or if the information is aggregated ("De-Identified Data"); and
- Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc., as described below.
When you visit the Websites, your browser or device may be exposed to Collection Technology which may be stored on your browser or device. You may delete and/or refuse the use of certain Collection Technology by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser or device. You may use the Websites even if you choose to refuse or delete such Collection Technology; however, please note that this may affect your ability to use the full functionality of the Websites.
Company may combine or verify information collected or acquired through the Websites with information you provide in your offline interactions with Company, or share with other sites or social media pages; or with information about you in third party data. If the combined or verified information permits us to contact you online or offline, we will treat the combined information as personal information.
5. Do Not Track Setting
Company does not alter the practices detailed herein based upon your selection of the “Do Not Track” setting or other “opt out” settings or features that may be offered by your browser; however, Company reserves the right to do so in the future.
6. How We Use Information We Collect
Company may use your personally identifiable information to provide you with access to your online account; improve your web experience; complete your registration to participate in classes, seminars, meetings and other events; provide you with support, care coordination, and referrals to services offered by others; administer surveys and analyze responses; send you newsletters or information or contact you via e-mail, postal mail or telephone about your requests for information, our services, offers and news that may be of interest to you, and participation in classes, seminars, meetings and other events; respond to your communications; communicate with you about our services and other services that may be of interest to you; contact your Caregiver; provide you with customer service and support; attend to tasks relating to your transactions with Company; to promote, monitor and improve Company's services; to protect ourselves, you, and others, prevent fraud and other unlawful or unauthorized activity, and create and maintain a trusted, secure, and reliable online environment; to comply with our legal obligations, respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process; and to establish or exercise our legal rights or defense against legal claims. Company may use information collected through Collection Technology, without limitation, to administer and improve the Websites and how we communicate with patients; analyze website trends and how the Websites are used; improve navigation of the Websites; analyze the performance of the Websites and diagnose problems; analyze and improve the products and services we offer; analyze and develop advertisements and advertising campaigns; and provide you with special offers and promotions and determine their effectiveness.
Company may use third party partners that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising or the Network Advertising Initiative Consumer Opt-Out, which allow consumers to opt-out of targeted advertising based on web activity tracking. For more information regarding the foregoing, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices/ and www.networkadvertising.org/choices/#completed. Please note that even if Company’s third party partners participate in these programs, if you opt out of targeted advertising based on web activity tracking, you still may receive standard advertisements from us and targeted advertisements from third parties. You may need to re-click the links and follow the instructions provided again if you delete cookies or other Collection Technology or use a different computer, device or browser.
7. Disclosures to Third Parties
The Site also may contain plugins for social media websites, such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. We recommend that you review the privacy policies that apply to these plugins, prior to clicking on such plugins.
8. Protection of Personally Identifiable Information
Company cannot guarantee the security of the information on and sent from the Websites or by email. Company uses reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards against foreseeable risks, such as unauthorized access. No transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under the control of Company to intercept or access transmissions or servers unlawfully. While we strive to protect personally identifiable information, neither Company nor our service providers can ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the internet. Any such transmission is at your own risk. Company is not responsible for the acts and omissions of any third parties.
9. Your Rights and Choices
You may have rights and choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information.
- Correcting or removing your personally identifiable information. To submit a request to correct or remove your information gathered by Company through the Websites, please contact:
- Opting out of receiving electronic communications from us. You will not receive promotional electronic communications from us unless you have opted in to receive such communications. If you no longer wish to receive promotional email communications from us, you may opt out via the unsubscribe link included in such emails or by contacting us using the information in the Contact Us section. We will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out of receiving promotional emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages that are required in order to provide you with our Services or for other reasons disclosed in this Policy.
- Your California privacy rights. We do not disclose personally identifiable information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. However, because California residents have the right to request information regarding such practices under California’s “Shine the Light” Law, please contact us using the information provided in the Contact Us section. You must include your full name, email address and postal address in your email or mail request so that we can verify your California residence and respond. “Personal information” under this California law means any information that identified, described, or was able to be associated with an individual at the time of disclosure.
The Websites are directed to persons 18 years of age or older, and are not directed to persons under 18 years old. The Websites and Company do not knowingly collect information from persons under age 18.
If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that a child under age 13 has provided us with their information without parental consent, please contact us using the information in the Contact Us section. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from children under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
11. Links to Other Websites
12. International Data Transfers
The Websites are directed to individuals residing in the United States, and are operated exclusively from the United States. Those who choose to access the Websites from locations outside of the United States do so on their own initiative, and are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable, including without limitation, all applicable laws, rules and regulations regarding the transmission of data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside. Company may limit the Websites' availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction, at any time in its sole discretion.
Personally identifiable information collected through the Websites and other aspects of Company’s business may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Company or its affiliates, subsidiaries or Service Providers maintain facilities. By using the Websites, you expressly consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
13. Contact Us